Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

On Writing Reactions

"Good stories seem to come quite literally from nowhere -- two previously unrelated ideas come together and make something new under the sun. Your job isn't to find these ideas but to recognize them when they show up" (p. 25)

That quote was pulled from Stephen Kings book, "On Writing" in his book is a chronological series of memories beginning with his first, as he shows us how the world he lived in built him to become a writer.

This next quote in particular pairs excellently with our earlier line, "We are writers, and we never ask one another where we get our ideas; we know we don't know".

I take notes about everything im thinking about, especially when its related to what I plan to write on. All of my notes are stored away in my phone on my notes app. organized into folder after folder, some focusing on certain topics, others on specific themes and how I could/ others have invoke(d) them. If I were to lose my phone without a backed up version of those notes, well needless to say I would be in a bit of tizzy.

One idea might spark extra bright whenever you're looking at it 10 years down the line. and as a creative and healthy mind will pump out or hear so many ideas a day that you don't know what to do with them, so store them for later in your idea freezer and when you're stumped in your writing come pick one out of the pack.

Great ideas are everywhere, you just have to build yourself the tools to catch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment